Don't just stand there holding that diploma...run before they take it away!

Well I am Drury's newest alumna as of Saturday! Graduation went just fine, I didn't trip walking across the stage or anything and I did in fact come away diploma in hand. Plus I bet they didn't sing a Disney song at your college graduation (some guy sang "Go the Distance" from Hercules). Here are some pictures if you are interested.


So now that that's over I guess the countdown begins until moving day...my start date is Thurs. Jan. 15 so I'll be leaving the day before, Wed. Jan. 14. That's a little over three weeks from today. I haven't really started packing or anything (I just finished unpacking all my stuff from school actually b/c I'm anal like that and I can't leave it all piled in boxes someplace), but it's not that much different than packing for school or Spain or something and I'm pretty good at that. Plus I have a new humongous bright blue suitcase to use...thanks Mom and Dad! Oh and I turned in my official (for REAL this time) two-week notice at the library today!!!

As far as the support-raising goes, I'm still plugging away at that and therefore thank-you note writing as well even though I'm fully funded, trying to get as much icing on the cake as possible that could be used for any number of things once I get there (sponsoring a child's education, supporting the music ministry or hot meal program, or purchasing backpacks, school supplies, medications, Bibles, toys, and the list goes on). I won't get a report for a couple of weeks due to Christmas and New Year's but I'm right around $18,000 right now I think. The most recent development actually took place yesterday, when the offering from the St. Paul's Sunday School Christmas program, "The Candles of Christmas," was donated to my cause.

I heard a few days ago that Enrique is home from the hospital and looking stronger every day, so praise God for that! He really does answer prayer. Chris should be going to see him sometime in the near future and whenever he sends me the full update I'll post it on here.

Also, I meant to post this on here awhile ago and never did, but the St. Paul's medical mission team headed down there in February is still in need of a physician I believe. So, if you are one or know one who would like to help conduct a medical (or dental or vision) clinic in Mexico for a few days--NO SPANISH NEEDED!!! That's what I'm for :) --PLEASE let me or St. Paul's know ASAP! Thanks!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments