...y ya está.

The expression in the title is a Spanish one that I heard ALL the time when I was over there; it could roughly be translated into English as, "and that's that," or something along those lines. Anyways, I thought it was a fitting way to tell you all that I REACHED MY SUPPORT-RAISING GOAL!!! As of Friday 12/5 when I received my report from LCMS I was $15 over my official budgeted amount, so that is a total blessing and answer to prayer. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It could also be, as Mrs. Shearman pointed out to me for those of you who know her, God's way of confirming that I am doing what He wants me to be doing. I thought that was a neat perspective that I hadn't really considered before.

You're probably wondering what the deal is with all monies received from here on out. My fundraising mentor said it is good to have a cushion in case some of my pledges don't wind up coming in, but basically it just goes into a general pool to support the mission at large unless I tell LCMS that I wish to extend my term (which I can now because my first term is fully funded, and I probably will, at least by a month or two, so that I don't leave them in the middle of the summer), at which point all contributions begin supporting me personally again. So I am by no means going to stop fundraising. YLM can definitely use the money (see the Christmas Giving Catalogue at www.ylm.org for a list of potential outlets...they could always use new vans too...), as can I (I am sure unexpected needs will arise in the course of 18 mos. so for those who wish to support me directly, I would always welcome checks made out to me).

I was actually at home this past weekend for two fundraising events, the proceeds of which will all be icing on the cake. Friday night was a Beads for Benefits Christmas bazaar hosted by Carol Markway that also featured Longaberger Baskets, Tastefully Simple, and PartyLite, and Sunday evening was Prepare for Jesus, a women's advent celebration at St. Paul's. Both were lovely events and although I don't know final totals yet, successful I'm sure. I also still have the profits from the Christmas Card Tree, the offerings from the Sunday School Christmas program on 12/21 (which I just found out about last week), and the St. Paul's chapel offerings from January and February, although I may end up asking them to do some sort of collection other than a monetary one. I don't deserve it but God just keeps opening up more and more avenues through which to bless my upcoming ministry.

That's all my excitement in terms of missionary stuff; as I sit here typing this I just finished writing out what I'm going to say at my last Lutheran Student Center Prayer and Praise night tomorrow (the graduating seniors always lead the last one of the semester-this time around I'm the only one) so that's what I've been thinking a lot about when I'm not thinking about YLM related things...telling myself over and over that I'm not going to cry even though it probably won't work. I think I subconsciously procrastinated hardcore on writing it up even though I already knew what Bible passage I wanted to use because I am so not looking forward to it at all...it means I really have to leave. My honors presentation was last Wednesday so that's over with and now I am finally in my last week...this sounds like it's turning into a new entry on a new day so I'll spare you any more rambling.

Two more quick things though:
1. I came up with a super-nerdy idea for a Bible study involving Hebrew verb tenses based on something the speaker at Prepare for Jesus said; and
2. I learned how to write "Immanuel" today in Hebrew!!!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments