2009...

Hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. One of my friends from high school lives in Cuba, MO, so some friends and I spent the night down there and had a great time as always. The library was closed on the 31st and the 1st, but I was greeted today by absolute chaos...haven't seen the bookdrops that full or the place that busy in a long time. Speaking of work, I have less than a week left :) My 5-year mark will be Jan. 5 and I wanted to at least stick around that long, but my last day is Thursday (Jan. 8)!

The countdown until I actually leave is dwindling too...less than 2 weeks. I haven't really started packing or anything yet but if you know me at all you know I have several lists in my head already. Right now I'm busy seeing all of my friends for the last time and doing stuff like getting my tires rotated, getting my hair cut, and making a dentist appointment. Support-raising wise it has been kind of quiet lately...LCMS was closed for Christmas and then New Year's so I won't get my next report until Friday and that means no thank-you notes in the meantime. Also Friday (1/9), I will be leading chapel at St. Paul's (8:15 a.m. in the sanctuary if anyone is interested in attending) because they are giving me the offerings from January and February. We have yet to decide if it will be a monetary collection or if the kids will be asked to bring in school supplies or something to that effect.

Other 2009-ey things you might want to know:

1. I am going to read the entire Bible again this year, but differently than last year--I'm going to read it in the order that the books were historically written. Basically its cover-to-cover with a few books out of place, like Psalms, Ruth, and John. Here is the link to my day-by-day plan: http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/31/hjan01.htm. Today I read Genesis 4-7 and learned that after it rained for 40 days and 40 nights, the earth was flooded for 150 days! Who knew?

2. I don't typically make New Year's resolutions, but this year I am resolved to drink more water. I never drink the daily recommended amount plus I'm moving to Texas and I'll probably be in the sun a lot, so the goal is 64 oz./day, although I already failed yesterday. Pretty the idea is that I just become more conscious of my water consumption though...hopefully me and my Drury Nalgene are going to become good friends.

Until next time, blessings!

Comments