I'm here!!!

Well Dad and I finally got here yesterday around 1:30 pm. We drove to Abilene, TX (about 12 hours) on Wednesday, and then the rest of the way (about 6 hours) on Thursday. The road trip wasn't actually too bad; we just alternated shifts driving, listened to my iPod on this thing Dad got me that plugs into the cigarette lighter, and played the license plate game (we found 32 U.S. states, 3 Canadian provinces, 2 Mexican states, and I think Belize). I decided that Oklahoma is pretty boring and I dislike toll roads, but West Texas has a kind of beauty to it (although I might be biased plus we arrived at dusk so even Oklahoma might have been pretty then). I also really enjoyed the fact that the speed limit on both I-20 and I-10 is 80 :) The stars are incredible too because this drive completely redefined the middle of nowhere...we even pulled over to the side of the road on the last leg Wed. night just to stare up in awe.

So I am mostly unpacked and settled by now, just working on getting the hang of all my duties and learning my way around El Paso. I'll put up pictures of the house and my desk and everything later but I don't have my camera cord over here right now (the only place I get wireless is in the office for now), so I'll write about the work I've done so far/will do in the next couple of days.

Chris found out that I really like Post-it notes so he's been writing tasks for me to do on them and right now they're all over my file cabinet. This is what they say:

-RESEARCH IF THE PASSPORT LAW GOES INTO EFFECT IN JUNE OR NOT
-WANT TO HELP RESEARCH FOUNDATIONS?
-SERVANT EVENT BINDER--
ORIENTATION
DIRECTIONS
SAFETY STUFF
-BRING TARP FOR SAN FRANCISCO ON THURS
-WANT TO HELP WITH GRANT DUE 2/4?
-INFO PACKETS FOR EACH MISSION SITE
-FIRST AID KITS FOR VANS-SEE CHRIS

This morning we tackled the INFO PACKETS FOR EACH MISSION SITE. Basically each van and each mission site is getting a folder of emergency procedures, phone numbers, etc. so we've been making copies and sorting stuff into piles and we'll run to Wal-Mart to get some folders later this afternoon.

OK time to let Dad double check his flight info on the computer and then see what the plan is!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments