Mi casa es su casa

So it's Sunday morning and I am in between church/Bible class at San Pablo (during which I was installed as a long-term missionary by Pastor Heimer along with the normal blessing service for the servant event that's here this week from NE) and lunch (and then we're going to church in Mexico), and I figured what better time to put up a few pictures of my house and desk. Enjoy!

My house...note the palm trees in the front yard!

Me in my temporary bedroom (a really nice couple named Dave and Paige from IA are rooming with me right now and I'll be moving into the bigger bedroom when they leave in a few weeks)

The kitchen

The living room

The foyer room thingee...the plan is to set up my scrapbooking stuff on that table so I can work on it whenever without packing it all away in between.

The laundry room, complete with a new washer as of yesterday (the old one broke down so Dave and Paige donated a new one because they didn't want to walk over to the dorms for the rest of their time here and didn't want me and whoever lives in this house after me to have to either...thanks!)

The bathroom

My desk in the office, in the same cubicle as Chris's

Other things of note:

1)It's warm here and I love it!!! As in 65-ish and sunny during the day, cooler in the morning and when the sun goes down. Hope y'all are enjoying your sub-zero windchills ;)

2)I drove the 15-passenger vans for the first time yesterday! I did fine--we made it safely to the gas station and then I took it on the freeway and did some maneuvering in the parking lot--but it will just take some getting used to in order to feel comfortable. Chris says it's just like a big Honda. The hardest thing to remember is that the front end just drops off. I'll get lots more practice this week because I am driving for the group starting on Tuesday...

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

Unknown said…
It looks awesome!
Glad you posted pics so i can picture where you are.
Talk to you soon!