Application Time

Well I got my LBT application on Friday. There is a 9 pg. long document that includes demographic info, education & employment history, references, and info on health, financial responsibilities, cross-cultural experience, etc. I also have to write an autobiography--250 words on each of 6 topics--Family Life (birth-high school), College Experience, Employment Experiences, Marriage and Children (???), Christian Experiences, and General Life Attitude. So far all I've done is the easy questions on the 9 pager. I have to think about the answers to the rest, stuff like what I consider to be my greatest strengths and weaknesses.

I am giving myself about a year because it's a fairly involved application process, and that way if I'm not accepted or decide LBT isn't for me I have plenty of time to pursue a back-up plan. At this point that would probably be teaching Spanish, who knows where. I've never wanted to teach with my degree but lately I have had a couple of experiences that lead me to believe it would be rewarding and fun. I've also never thought I would make a good teacher because academics always came very easily to me, but a friend of mine recently convinced me that I would. She told me that I am organized, and since I'm able to organize things, I could also organize concepts and convey them in a logical manner to others.

I am hoping and praying that God will show me over the next few months if I should go the LBT route or not. Another e-mail would be nice! I love everything that I know about LBT so far, it's just that I don't want to move overseas by myself. The idea terrifies me, but maybe that's exactly why I am supposed to do it??? Although, part of me just wants to settle someplace, get a real, "normal" job, and move all of the things from my house in St. Louis that I would have if I really had MY own place and my house in St. Louis was really just my parents' house. It sounds so idyllic, but then again it could be a combination of my own sinful selfishness and too much HGTV. Every time I think that, I immediately return to the fact that I took Hebrew and Greek for fun in college, and there has got to be a higher purpose as to why I am that much of a nerd ;)

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

tchrchill said…
Hola, Erin! This is one of my favorite blogs from you, because you are laying out so many questions. You are keeping the door open for God to step in and let you know what you ARE supposed to do with the opportunities He lays in front of you! I know that this reflection, reading, and prayer will yield answers. God be with you in your search!
P.S. I can't believe you have a nine page application PLUS essays! WOW!!