Widgets and Plugins and Galleries, Oh My!

All of the above are fancy web design terms that I don't really know the meaning of but that I literally dreamt about last night since I spent all day yesterday adding content to our new site, and most of today following the staff meeting. After an unintended hiatus on all of our parts...oops...we've re-launched our campaign that started in September to get the new and improved www.ylm.org up and running. It's starting to really come together. Mostly I stopped before because I couldn't format the photo galleries like I wanted them to be, but we downloaded a new plug-in (whatever that is) that allows me to be slightly more creative, so after teaching myself how to use it yesterday I have been going to town!

Other highlights of my life since my last post (yeah, this is one of those "I haven't put up a blog in awhile so I will even though I don't have anything in particular to write about" posts!):

--DONE with Harry Potter! I have the first movie in my possession and the 2nd is ready for pick-up at the library. I'm for sure going to watch the first one on Saturday, but maybe I'll make it a marathon!

--Also done with the paperwork portion of my LBT application...now on to the autobiography. I'm toying with the idea of writing it without the word "I." Somebody I know did that on a college application essay, and it sounds like a good challenge for me, plus it will force me to mix up my sentence structures and add interest to my otherwise boring life. They didn't give me a time limit, but I'm thinking I want to mail it by the middle of next week--long enough to do a thorough job on everything but not so long where they're wondering if I'm still interested or not.

--Chris and I went to Santisima on Sunday, just 'cus! I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially considering one of my recent posts on how I detest always having to be the responsible one. I did have to interview Pepe for the newsletter and get some pesos from a corner store for someone, but it was refreshing to not be in charge of anything major. I REALLY liked the service too. The OT reading was from Isaiah, about how God predestined him even in the womb to be His prophet. Pepe used that text for his children's message, asking the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. He was inquiring about different career paths in the church, and he asked them how many wanted to be a missionary like me! I was honored, especially when Juana and Ruby's hands both shot up. The only downside to the afternoon was the 2 hour bridge wait on the way home--half the bridge is now reserved for travelers with passport cards instead of traditional passport books. Hence, I did some digging and...

--I THINK the mission might actually be eligible for these speed passes on the bridges, so we'd get to go in a special lane and not have to wait; I'm just starting to read up on it. I have to call the CBP and ask some questions so I was not happy when their recording hung up on me earlier because all the lines were busy!

--I've been getting up at 5 am on Wednesdays to pray for El Paso/Juarez for the past 2 weeks as part of a 24/7 prayer chain that San Pablo was asked to be a part of. It's been OK...this week it was easier to stay awake than last week. I started reading The Prayer of Jabez during my hour. I think it's just temporary since currently all our slots are being filled by staff members but our goal is to get the congregation involved.

Alright I've been in the office long enough...time to head to my casa until it's time to make dinner! Until next time, blessings!

Comments